The wayward blogger has returned, well sort of. I don't make any promises to be very regular on here. I like writing occasionally but only when stuff starts rattling in the brain, which really isn't very often. No snide comments please.
It has been a rough go for awhile. The failing economy has definately been felt in my household. I have gone from being peaceful, to being angry, to railing, to giving the cold shoulder, back to knowing who holds everything and gives all perfect and good gifts. I can't even say that I'm done with this cycle because honestly I'm a work in progress and that would mean that I have perfected something and I haven't. The one thing that I keep coming across to me over and over again is I am to be thankful in EVERYTHING. (Rabbit Trail: Does anyone know how many times that is said in the Bible? I was curious because I think I've been led to them all) WOW! That means when my husband is out or work and the bank calls me 20 times a day wanting to know if we can pay the mortgage now that I'm to be thankful. That means when Ive had a not so good day, I'm grouchy, and everyone else is grouchy because it is 7 o'clock at night and I haven't got dinner on the table and I shatter an entire full bottle of red coloring I'm to be thankful. I'm not sure, because I am a work in progress, that I am to be thankful that I have a kitchen that looked someone had been slaughtered in or just to be thankful that someone in reality hadn't been slaughtered in it, because really the sly comments coming my direction they were all on the edge. The thought that has come to me is it doesn't matter what situation I am I would find it tragic if it didn't bring God glory because in the end that is what I want my life to look like. I want people to see that in my life no matter the situation in plenty or in want, in sickness or in health, I want my life to reflect the GLORY of GOD. I am thankful, I am thankful for all that God has chosen to give me. He is a good God and I will continually praise him.
I love this song and the more I sing it/hear it the deeper the meaning it takes. Enjoy!
6 years ago




2 comments:
Oh Kathie - I saw my friend here. No matter what - this is the person I know you are through and through. I love what you wrote here and the conviction with which you wrote it. I was thinking on the same lines last night. Everyone kept saying "God is good" because of my terrific news. And He IS good - but not because of my circumstances. I understand the sentiment behind it - truly and I love those who think first to praise His name for the good things that happen in our lives. But at the same time - we need to remember like you said to be thankful in all things. So could I have been thankful if my news were devastating? I'll never know. I would hope that even if it took some time I could eventually get there - even if only in a small part of my heart with an acknowledgment that all things are in His hands.
You are loved my friend - you are sooooo soooooo precious.
PS - I don't care how often you blog - I'll never miss a one!
Post a Comment